Welcome to Spring Semester
We in the library can’t do anything about the frigid weather, other than to suggest that you dress in layers, but we do give you our warm wishes for a successful spring semester, and for our 3L students, a successful final one. In addition to our wishes, the library stands at the ready with resources and services to help you accomplish the goals you’ve set. Among these are the following:
- Research Guides on a host of topics
- More than 1,000 CALI lessons to reinforce your studies and let you test your knowledge.
- Online study aids available 24/7 from West Academic and Lexis OverDrive, including top study aids series.
- Legal research training sessions led by our reference librarians nearly every week, along with Law Library Lunch & Learning Sessions, where we partner with our information service vendors to bring you the latest updates.
- PowerNotes, an online service that lets you annotate your research and easily generate outlines of your research findings.
- Beginning this semester, the Procertas Legal Technology Assessment, an online tutorial and testing platform to help you become more proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. They are important tools universally used by lawyers.
And be sure to bring your questions, simple and complicated, to any of our librarians. We’re happy to give you a hand!
Upcoming Research Sessions
- Thursday, January 25th
- Professor Smith’s Section 5
- Advanced Searching with Susan Boland
- 9:00 – 10:40 A.M. in Room 100A
- Professor Bradley’s Section 4
- Advanced Searching with Shannon Kemen
- 10:40 A.M. – 12:05 P.M. in Room 302
- Professor Bradley’s Section 2
- Advance Searching with Shannon Kemen
- 1:30 – 2:55 P.M. in Room 302
- Law Library & Lexis Lunch & Learn
- Business Filings with Shannon Kemen and Ashley Russell
- 12:15 – 1:15 P.M. in Room 302
- Lunch &Lexis points! Please register in advance.