As the new school year begins, it’s a great time to check out some of the excellent work UC Law Faculty and Students have been producing. You can view faculty scholarship at the The College of Law Scholarship and Publications … Continue reading
Don’t let your emails get away from you! You can make important emails from your boss or clients stand out by assigning them their own unique color so you will be able to see right away when they enter your inbox.
To color code important emails in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Select View, then View Settings.
- Select Conditional Formatting.
- Select Add. In the Name field, name the rule that you are creating (ex. Email from Boss Smith)
- Select Font and select the color that you want associated with this rule. You can also change the Font size and style here as well if you want.
- Select Ok.
- Select Condition. In the From.. field type in the email address of the sender or senders you want associated with this rule (ex. Boss.Smith@law.com). For multiple people, separate their email addresses with a semicolon.
- Select Ok.
Here’s how an email will appear that has been assigned a green font:
It’s Cyber Monday and many retailers are focusing their sales on smart technologies. Where there were once just smart phones, there are now “smart” devices. The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the technologies and “smart” devices that “sense information … Continue reading
There are some basic precautions you can take when using public Wi-Fi, including: Making sure your security updates are up to date Avoiding clicking on suspicious pop-up screens prompts Looking for secure site padlock icons on the left-hand side of … Continue reading
Are you tired of typing the same thing over and over again? Make Microsoft Word do the work for you by using the AutoCorrect feature to format your paper and save you from the task of typing and altering common … Continue reading
The PACER Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) system is the Federal Judiciary’s comprehensive case management system for all bankruptcy, district, and appellate courts. CM/ECF allows courts to accept filings and provides access to filed documents online. This is the system … Continue reading
Distinguish Yourself: Know Your Productivity Applications Learning to use productivity applications commonly used in law offices is a valuable skill. The Marx Law Library has subscribed to the Procertas Legal Tech Assessment, a tool that offers tutorials for Microsoft Word … Continue reading